By His grace, God spared the Israelites from judgment by requiring the blood of a lamb. Jesus is the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. His death was the ultimate sacrifice, and those who trust in Jesus are under His saving blood and will be passed over in the final judgment.
22 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take it; this is my body.” 23 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, and they all drank from it. 24 “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many,” he said to them. 25 “Truly I tell you, I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.” Mark 14:22-25 NIV
Discussion & Prayer Points:
1. Which of the ten plagues stand out to you the most?
2. What have you witnessed God do that showed you that He is LORD of all?
3. What was the Lord putting on your heart through this part of the Exodus story?
4. What is the difference between remembering and participating? How does the Passover meal and the Lord’s Supper help us participate in what God did for us?
5. Share praise reports and prayer requests. Praise God in prayer together for what He has done and “in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”